One of the most significant challenges to those who attempt to grow plants indoors is a lack of sunlight. One of the best ways to accommodate that minimal light is to begin using LED grow lights for your indoor plants. Any grow light will help you to facilitate photosynthesis in your plants. But those that use LED bulbs have some distinct advantages.
In this article, you can learn more about what those advantages are as well as some other information that will help you get the most out of your LED grow light. But before we cover that information, we’ll introduce you to a few of the top LED grow lights on the market today.
- ViparSpectra P1000 Full Spectrum LED Grow Light
- Bloomspect 1000W LED Grow Light
- GooingTop Clip-On Grow Light
- Giixer 1000W LED Grow Light
- Spider Farmer SF-4000 LED Grow Light
- VIVOSUN Latest VS2000 LED Grow Light
- LED Lights Are Energy Efficient
- LED Grow Lights Are More Effective than Other Grow Lights
- LED Grow Lights Accommodate Small Spaces
- LED Grow Lights Are a Safe Option
- LED Grow Lights Are the Way of the Future
IN A HURRY? HERE’S OUR TOP PICKS…
|Top Top||VIVOSUN Latest VS2000 LED Grow Light with Samsung LM301H Diodes & Brand Driver Dimmable Lights Sunlike Full Spectrum with Grow Room Glasses for Indoor Plants Seeding Veg and Bloom Plant Growing Lamps||PrimeEligible||Check Price on Amazon|
|Top Top Top||SPIDER FARMER SF-4000 LED Grow Light 5'x5' Coverage Compatible with Samsung LM301B Diodes Dimmable Commercial Grow Lights for Indoor Plants Full Spectrum 3000K 5000K 660nm 760nm IR 1212pcs LEDs||PrimeEligible||Check Price on Amazon|
|Top||BLOOMSPECT Upgraded 1000W LED Grow Lights with Veg & RED & Bloom 3 Modes, Daisy Chain, Double Chips Full Spectrum Plant Grow Light for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower (100pcs 10 Watt LEDs)||PrimeEligible||Check Price on Amazon|
|Top||Grow Light, VIPARSPECTRA Newest P1000 Full Spectrum LED Grow Light for Indoor Plants, High PPFD Dimmable Plant Grow Lights 2x2ft Coverage for Hydroponic Indoor Plants Veg Flower||PrimeEligible||Check Price on Amazon|
6 of the Best LED Grow Lights for Indoor Plants on the Market
Light Emitting Diode (LED) grow lights are popular for the many benefits they offer indoor gardeners. As that popularity grows, you can expect to find a growing number of high-quality LED grow light products. Below are some of the best versions of these lights that you can buy today.
ViparSpectra P1000 Full Spectrum LED Grow Light
- LOWER OPERATION COST & DIMMER FUNCTION: VIPARSPECTRA P1000 LED grow light has adopted the newest SMD LED Technology-Samsung LM281B+ LED to provide high PAR output, high energy efficiency and long lifespan while improving light penetration. An added dimmer knob is featured to manipulate the brightness level of the light, allowing flexibility to obtain perfect growth performance for each growing phase.
- OPTIMAL FULL SPECTRUM LIGHT For INDOOR PLANT: Consists of 660nm of red light, 3000K and 5000K of the white light spectrum, provides plants in all stages from veg to flower with everything they need in the natural sunlight. Achieve greater yield while saving you on energy costs!
- SLEEP-FRIENDLY GROW LIGHT: Silent fanless design. No fans ZERO noise. Built-in large areas of solid aluminum heat sinks, essential for heat dissipation while ensuring long lifespan of the light.
- LOW ENERGY CONSUMPTION GROW LIGHTING: Comparable to traditional 250W HPS/MH while consuming only 100W! Perfect for 2.5’x2.5’ vegetative coverage at 18”and 2’x2’ flowering coverage at 14”. Remember to properly adjust the height and brightness accordingly to your plants desired level for optimal growth.
- WORRY-FREE WARRANTY: Plug and Play. No installation required. Product quality and friendly customer service are always our top priority. We offer worry-free 36-month local warranty and professional guidance to help you and your plants grow bett
The ViparSpectra P1000 Full Spectrum LED Grow Light is one of the best LED grow lights that you can buy today. This light has excellent energy efficiency and is virtually silent during operation. That silence is made possible because this model does not rely on any fans to cool its system. Along with the peace of mind you will enjoy during that silent operation, this light also gives you control over the brightness via the built-in dimmer knob. All the while, the ViparSpectra P1000 Full Spectrum LED Grow Light produces light in the ideal spectrum for indoor plant growth.
Bloomspect 1000W LED Grow Light
- New upgraded with 3 modes(VEG/RED and BLOOM) available, different mode can perfectly match plants needs in different growth stages.
- B1000 only consumes 180W±3%, the electricity of 0.18kW·h per hour to save more money than HPS/MH lamp; Perfect for 3.0x3.0ft grow area while 2.5x2.5ft flower area.
- Well balanced spectrum of blue, red and white emitting from upgraded 10 watt double-chips LEDs make more efficient and better higher yields.
- Multiple vent-holes, large aluminum heat sinks and bass high speed cooling fan are contributed to first-rate heat dissipation.
- 2 years warranty plus 30 days money back guarantee. To obtain warranty service timely, please contact us via Amazon Messag
One of the most notable aspects of the Bloomspect 1000W LED Grow Light is that it has three modes. Those modes will benefit your plants at different stages of their development. Whether your plant is currently developing its leaves and overall structure or preparing to bloom, this light will be of great use. To your benefit, this product also comes with an impressive two-year warranty and a money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with your purchase.
GooingTop Clip-On Grow Light
- 【6000K White Light】Equipped with 10 Red + 74 White LEDs, this growth Lamp is similar to the full-spectrum sunlight at noon,that is professionally designed for indoor garden plants.Moreover, its color rendering index is as high as 95, the light is soft and flicker-free, which is very suitable for reading lamp
- 【Timer Function & Multiple Settings】The indoor seedling light offer the circular memory timer function with 3 options-4h/8h/12h. When keeping power, it can automatically turn on and off every day according your settings, no more manual operation for you.【And You Can Operate One of Them Separately,And Support 5 Levels of Dimming.】
- 【Easy to Install:】with flexible Gooseneck & strong clamp,it allows you to place the growth light in any direction to provide the best lighting angle for your plants，meet the cover around the plant.Powered by USB or AC Power Plug (adapter included )
- 【High Efficiency LED Lamp】as for LED power draw this seedling lights just comsume about 10watt and is equavalent to a 50W Halogen Bulb.Estimately monthly cost roughly $2 in electricity (12 hours a day). It is a great gift if you growing some small house plants.
- 【Multiple Use】 GooingTop artificial grow lamp is suitable for germination/seedlings/seed starting,house-plants,potted plants,succulents,cacus,especially when the plant needs extra light when raining,snowing,dark indoor,e
The GooingTop Clip-On Grow Light offers you some flexibility as you grow your plants indoors. This light is ideal for any plants that you grow on a desk or table. The design of the light includes a clip that attaches to the edge of any table-like surface. It also has a bendable arm that lets you change the angle of the light you cast on your plants. To make matters that much more convenient, this light also has a timer setting that will let you determine when the light turns on and off in advance.
Giixer 1000W LED Grow Light
- New Upgrades: Compare with the traditional 1000 watt grow lamps, this new Dual-Chips 10w led lights is bigger, brighter and efficient, but consuming only 110 watts.
- Perfectly help you to save the energy and improve the environment of plant growing. DOUBLE SWITCH- Veg and Bloom button have different function. Veg switch: Its blue led and white led. For seeding or young vegetative growth,you can use Veg switch only. Bloom switch: Its red led and white led.for flowering/blooming,you can use both Veg and Bloom switches.
- Most LED lights are rated at somewhere 50000 hours of use. For comparison, many other grow lights tend to last for around 20,000 hours before needing to be replaced.Protecting diodes are added to make sure one chip out, others still work.
- Full spectrum: the light include red,blue,yellow,white,and so on etc. which is similar to the sunshine,ideal for all kinds of indoor plants veg and flower at all growth stages.
- 【Warranty and Customer Service】24 monthes quality guarantee and 30 days ref
The Giixer 1000W LED Grow Light provides a full spectrum of light that is remarkably similar to the light a plant would receive when living outdoors. That spectrum establishes a fantastic setting in which your plants will thrive. This light is also incredibly long-lasting. While many LED grow lights boast that same benefit, this one rises above the rest by lasting about four times as long as many of its primary competitors.
Spider Farmer SF-4000 LED Grow Light
- LOWER RUNNING COSTS & HIGHER-QUALITY YIELDS: SPIDER FARMER LED Grow Lights utilize the latest in high yielding LEDs technology today-Samsung LM301B diodes, high Energy Efficiency with 2.7 umol/J, delivers powerful light output and uniform canopy penetration to resulting maximum higher yields. Only consumes 450w, running 50% less power than the HPS or other SMD LEDs or Blurple lamps. Veg coverage is 6 x 6 ft, Flowering coverage is 5 x 5 ft.
- CUSTOMIZED DIMMING DESIGN: Upgraded SF series growing lights have a dimming knob and light switch. A single light can be adjusted the light intensity at liberty. Multi-light Connection with unified dimming especially beneficial for large area of indoor growing and commercial planting.
- IDEAL FOR ALL GROWTH STAGES: Excellent full spectrum- white, blue, red and IR (3000K, 5000K, 660nm and IR 760nm). 3000K diodes providing more reddish light and the 5000K providing more blueish. The 660nm red and IR light is especially useful during bloom, where it speeds up flowering time and boost yields. Turn your seeds into your own supply. And the light looks fairly natural, so its good for accurately monitoring plant health.
- WELL MADE & SOLID CONSTRUCTION: No Fan Noise Free. High Safety performance MEAN WELL Driver, Fair Waterproofing. Update aluminum board is thick and sturdy, doesnt put out a tremendous amount of heat, high-quality protective covers for cables; User-Friendly Packaging. Quality components mean the light lasts longer, but they also save you money.
- VALUE FOR THE MONEY: SPIDER FARMER LED Plant Lights are often copied but will never have our quality or commitment, we provides 3 years of after-service of local maintenance center(US/CA/UK/DE). Make sure you purchase authentic Spider Farmer grow lights, really can give you need from a high-quality grow lights – at a price that is affordable. For any questions, feel free to e-mail us and we will help you resolve it. Quality backed by our ironclad
If you are someone who wants to grow an abundance of plants in your home, you will need a light that is capable of supporting many plants. For that purpose, the Spider Farmer SF-4000 LED Grow Light is one of the best options around. This light has five-foot by five-foot coverage, meaning that you can raise plenty of plants below it. Although this product is intended for commercial use, there is no reason you can’t use it in your home. And while it is large, this light has impressively low operating costs.
VIVOSUN Latest VS2000 LED Grow Light
- Lower Costs & High Efficiency: VIVOSUN VS2000 LED grow lights use the latest LED plant light technology including Samsung LM301H Diodes, high-energy efficiency with 2.9 umol/J; Extremely high output but consumes only 200W of electricity, making it more efficient than traditional HID lamps and other plant lamps on the market
- Convenient Dimmable Ballast: This LED grow light has a dimming knob that makes it adaptable to different growing periods of your plant by adjusting its output from 40% to 100%; It is super convenient for both beginners and professional growers
- Sunlike Full-Spectrum Light: These VS2000 full-spectrum LEDs deliver optimal full-spectrum coverage—offering power needed by your plants at all growth stages and maximum PAR output at various distances, supporting photosynthesis of your plants in an efficient way
- Low Noise & Low Heat: The VS2000 LED has a unique appearance, with power supply and ventilation holes; No fans needed means low noise; Ambient heat around this light is very low, so there is no need to worry about burns or damage to your plant; It produces mild heat so you can place the lamp directly above your plants
- Warranty: Super durable and reusable; Comes with a grow glasses & a pair of VIVOSUN US patented rope hangers & 3-Year after-sales service; If you face any problems with the item you receive, please do not hesitate to contact
This final entry on our list is capable of competing with just about any other LED grow light on the market. The VIVOSUN Latest VS2000 LED Grow Light offers a full spectrum light and has a dimming mechanism that lets you adjust the light output. Like other LED grow lights, this one also has low ambient heat and is quiet during operation. Lastly, the VIVOSUN Latest VS2000 LED Grow Light proves to be highly usable for both novices and experienced gardeners alike.
Advantages of Using LED Grow Lights for Indoor Plants
As we alluded to in the introduction, there are several advantages that LED grow lights hold over other varieties of grow lights. To familiarize yourself with those benefits and gain a full understanding of what makes LED lights so useful, read on.
LED Lights Are Energy Efficient
Regardless of whether you use them for grow lights or some other type of lighting, LEDs are some of the most energy-efficient bulbs in existence. For example, compared to a standard incandescent bulb, LED bulbs typically operate with about 75% less energy use. In addition to that efficient energy use, LED bulbs are also incredibly long-lasting. That means that using LED grow lights will help you save on energy costs over the long term more so than the alternatives.
LED Grow Lights Are More Effective than Other Grow Lights
The experience of many indoor gardeners has shown that using LED grow lights leads to better plant growth. While traditional grow lights are effective, LED versions consistently encourage plants to grow larger, faster, and more vigorously. So, if you want your indoor plants to thrive to their full capacity, LED grow lights are likely your best option.
LED Grow Lights Accommodate Small Spaces
If you are performing your indoor gardening in a small space, an LED grow light may be your only option. Unlike other types of bulbs, LEDs give off very little heat. That fact means that you can set your light relatively close to your plants with minimal risk of your plant’s foliage becoming scorched. In the absence of that concern, you’ll have the chance to use your grow light even in a limited area.
LED Grow Lights Are a Safe Option
The low heat that LED bulbs give off is not only helpful for those with minimal growing space. It is also a feature that makes LED grow lights a safe option. Since these bulbs rarely reach extreme temperatures, they are far less likely to set off an unexpected fire.
LED Grow Lights Are the Way of the Future
If for no other reason, you should choose to use LED grow lights because they are incredibly popular. If current trends continue, products that use LEDs will become increasingly desirable and available. Along the way, manufacturers are sure to continue improving their technologies to boost the effectiveness of their products. If you wish to reap the rewards of being up-to-date with the latest plant-growing strategies, getting comfortable with using an LED grow light is a great way to begin.
LED Grow Light FAQs
Although there are many common uses for LED bulbs, including LED grow lights, there are many people who remain unfamiliar with such products. To enlighten those who are curious, we have included a few commonly asked questions below.
LEDs are different from other bulbs in that they are more energy-efficient and have greater longevity. They also give off less heat and come in a wide range of color options. Much of those differences arise from how LED bulbs function. Unlike incandescent bulbs, which rely on heating a wire to produce light, LEDs use a pair of diodes. One diode has a positive charge while the other is negative. The interaction of those diodes gives off light in a highly efficient manner.
As you may know, light can produce different wavelengths which exist on a broad spectrum. Out of all the parts of that spectrum, red and blue light can be especially beneficial to plant growth. Red and blue light sends a message to plants that there is not a lot of competition nearby. This allows the plant to grow healthily in all directions. LED grow lights are one of the most effective options for producing this kind of light for your plants.
Many types of grow lights give off excess heat while they operate. For that reason, many of those lights require a cooling system to maintain an acceptable temperature for your plants and the light itself. Since LED lights give off so little heat, the need for a cooling system is much less prevalent. However, there are some rare instances in which you will need to use some form of cooling or ventilation for an LED grow light.
Mimicking the sun to stimulate plant growth is a tall order. For that reason, you will need to leave your LED grow light on for a substantial portion of the day. This duration will vary depending on the plants you hope to grow. But in general, you should leave your LED grow lights on for at least ten hours per day.
John Haryasz is a freelance writer and landscape designer. In the field of landscape architecture, he has contributed to many successful design projects throughout the country. As a writer, John specializes in creating captivating and informative web content. Through that work, he aims to share his design knowledge and promote engagement with the outdoor world.