The benefits of using compost bins are numerous. These bins won’t just give you the chance to create an organically rich amendment for your garden soil. They also help to support a healthy environment by cutting down on your household waste.
No one can deny that composting is a benefit to you and the larger world. And if you want to take part in those positive outcomes, you need the right tools for the job. Most notably, you will need a high-quality compost bin to store your compost.
- In a hurry? See our top picks…
- 8 Best Compost Bins on the Market
- 1. VIVOSUN Dual Rotating Batch Compost Bin
- 2. EJWOX Garden Compost Bin
- 3. SQUEEZE Master Compost Bin
- 4. Nature’s Footprint Worm Factory 360 Worm Composter
- 5. Worm Factory Basic Black 3 Tray Worm Composter
- 6. Redmon Since 1883 65 Gallon Compost Bin
- 7. Exaco 628001 Eco Basic Compost Bin
- 8. BelleMark Kitchen Compost Bin
- Common Compost Bin Styles
- Compost Bin FAQs
- You May Also Be Interested In…
In a hurry? See our top picks…
|Top Top Top Top||EJWOX||EJWOX Garden Compost Bin from BPA Free Material, Dual Rotating Outdoor Composting Tumblers (43 Gallon,Black)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Top Top Top Top Top||Nature's Footprint||Worm Factory 360 WF360G Worm Composter, Green||Check Price on Amazon|
|Top Top Top Top||Exaco||Exaco 628001 Eco Basic Compost bin, 120-Gallon, Black||Check Price on Amazon|
|Worm Factory||Worm Factory Basic Black 3 Tray Worm Composter (Black)||Check Price on Amazon|
Composting is easier than you might think. And finding the right bin will make the process that much easier. That is why this article focuses on showing you some of the best compost bins on the market today.
8 Best Compost Bins on the Market
Each of the compost bins in the list below is a great option for anyone who wishes to begin composting. However, each item also has a few unique traits that make it different than any other product. To learn more about those differences and find the best compost bin for you, read on through the sections below.
1. VIVOSUN Dual Rotating Batch Compost Bin
- TWIN CHAMBER-Designed with 2 chamber benefits Batch composting, which is the most efficient way to produce high-quality compost; Let one side cook while you add fresh materials to the other, continuously swapping sides creates an uninterrupted flow of rich, healthy compost
- CREATIVE TUMBLING DESIGN-The rotating design lets your hands-free, avoiding digging and mixing your compost pile by hands, making the mixing more easy and efficient; Just fill it up with garden refuse and kitchen scraps, slide the door closed and give it a turn every couple days
- OUTSTANDING AERATION-Adjustable air vents and deep fins strengthen the air circulation, help decompose the clumps in the chamber and combine lots of oxygen into the compost, easily produce finished compost in weeks
- STURDY & DURABLE CONSTRUCTION-Made of galvanized steel and high-quality PP plastic, this VIVOSUN Tumbling Composter is corrosion-resistant, degrade resistant, sturdy and durable for long-lasting service life
- GARDEN GLOVES INCLUDED-Comes with 4 durable ABS plastic claws, no other tools required, convenient to excavate and plant in horticultural work; Latex rubber material not only protects your hands from cuts and broken nails but also makes it easy to clean as its waterproof funct
The VIVOSUN Dual Rotating Batch Compost Bin is one of the best composting bins in any category. This tumbling composter removes all need for digging and moving compost with a pitchfork that a standard compost pile would call for. Instead, the tumbling motion of this bin takes care of all that work.
This bin also comes with a twin-chamber design that permits you to cook compost on one side while adding fresh compost material to the other. This makes for an extremely efficient composting process. The model also comes with vents for outstanding aeration and gardening gloves to add to your comfort as you work.
2. EJWOX Garden Compost Bin
- DUAL CHAMBER COMPOST BIN - Dual chamber composter allow for continuous composting. Fill up one while the other nears the end of the compost process, the rich black stuff ready to use. Once empty, that becomes the one to fill up while the other completes the cycle.
- AERATION SYSTEM- Aerated internal bar mixes compost & allows needed airflow.Black, double-wall panels absorb and retain heat.Perfectly suited for your garden and for people not wanting to mix the organic waste in their traditional compost bin.
- INGENIOUS TUMBLER DESIGN - Turns on axis for easy and balanced rotation.Easy slide doors will help keep track of each batch,the length of 1 door is 10.23” and the width is 6.1
- CONVENIENT LOADING HEIGHT - Enough height to put a cart under the composter.Easy to turn barrel, waste mixed easily, fast batch composting.
- STURDY POWDER-COATED STEEL FRAME - Powder-coated steel frame provides a sturdy base for the large bin.Galvanized steel feet prevent rusting and deteriorati
The EJWOX Garden Compost Bin is another excellent option if tumbling bins are what you desire. This product also includes a dual-chamber design as well as the ideal aeration system to promote the composting process. That system includes an aerated internal bar and thick walls that trap heat inside.
Another remarkable aspect of the EJWOX Garden Compost Bin is that it is incredibly sturdy. It uses a powder-coated steel frame for its base that you can be sure to rely on for years to come. Regarding materials, this bin is also a healthy option as it is completely BPA-free.
3. SQUEEZE Master Compost Bin
- 🌱Efficient Compost：Easy to rotate and the Air Holes make the composter have the best air circulation,give you an effective composting.
- 🌱Better to Use: Dual Compartment,you can use 1 side firstly then another one.More choices,more health.43 Gallon(2X21.5 Gal)
- 🌱More Easily: The compost tumbler design just need you to rotate it slightly,without having to dig, turn, and mix by hand.Only need to open the sliding door and put the scraps into it and rotate it 6-7 times every few days.
- 🌱Super High Quality: Made of PP & BPA-Free; Steel Frame & Very Sturdy. Its maximum load bearing is 352Lb.The compost barrel is made of ‘Modified PP which has improved its Cold-Resistance.
- 🌱Reliable After-Sales Service: It is always our tenet to give our customers the most professional compost bins and make customer satisfied with us. If you have any problems,pls feel free to contact us,we are always here to help y
The SQUEEZE Master Compost Bin is a 43-gallon tumbling composting bin that can compete with just about any other bin on the market. This bin has a strong steel frame and modified plastic that allow it to withstand some very cold temperatures.
As is the case with many other leading tumbling compost bins, this one uses a dual-chamber design and BPA-free plastic. These qualities make it so that this tumbling compost bin is not just efficient but also reliable. However, if you have any issues with your SQUEEZE Master Compost Bin, you can make use of the dependable customer support that the manufacturer offers.
4. Nature’s Footprint Worm Factory 360 Worm Composter
- The Worm Factory 360 has a standard 4-Tray size which is expandable up to 8 trays, giving it the largest volume of any home composter.
- The redesigned lid converts to a handy stand for trays while harvesting the compost.
- Includes digital access to an instructional DVD, Manual, and a Warranty included after product registration.
- The accessory kit provides basic tools to make managing the Worm Factory 360 easier.
- Built in worm tea collector tray and spigot for easy draining.
- The Worm Factory 360 has a standard 4-Tray size which is expandable up to 8 trays, giving it the largest volume of any home composter.
- The redesigned lid converts to a handy stand for trays while harvesting the compo
Worm composters are unlike any other form of composting bin. The main difference is that these bins provide a home for worms. Those worms then work to break down the compostable material that you add to the bin. Among all the worm composters out there, the Nature’s Footprint Worm Factory 360 Worm Composter is one of the best.
This worm composter is expandable, going from four total trays to as many as eight trays. That expansion capability gives this composter as much volume as any other that you can find. The Nature’s Footprint Worm Factory 360 Worm Composter also makes it simple to harvest your compost. The lid acts as a convenient stand for the trays as you work to empty them.
5. Worm Factory Basic Black 3 Tray Worm Composter
- Fully assembled, ready to go
- 3 stacking trays, collection base with spigot, worm ladder and Lid, but there is more…shredded paper, coir brick, yellow scrapper, printed instruction on the lid, access to our online book, Complete Guide to Vermicomposting
To some, the idea of composting using worms is an unfamiliar concept. But while this method may be new to some, it is also very effective and easy to implement. With the Worm Factory Basic Black 3 Tray Worm Composter, that process becomes even easier.
This worm composter is perfect for beginners as the manufacturer designed it to be very straightforward. It comes fully assembled with three stacking trays. You’ll also receive a collection base and a set of instructions to help you get started with your worm composting ventures.
6. Redmon Since 1883 65 Gallon Compost Bin
- Convenient snap on lid
- Four access doors and top snap on lid to retrieve composted material (access doors 13 Width x 8 Height)
- Easy to assemble (instructions included - NO tools required)
- Heavy duty construction
- Made of UV stabilized material (post consumer PP) for long lasting all weather durability
Prices pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
If you are searching for a standard stationary compost bin, then the Redmon Since 1883 65 Gallon Compost Bin is one you should evaluate. This bin has a straightforward design that makes it both highly usable and highly durable.
The Redmon Since 1883, 65 Gallon Compost Bin consists of hard plastic material that can stand up to even the most extreme weather events. Access is also something you won’t struggle with, as this bin includes four large access doors that let you retrieve your composted material from all sides.
7. Exaco 628001 Eco Basic Compost Bin
- Basic composter, side walls snap permanently together, large top lid, 2 doors at the bottom.
- Open bottom allows micro organisms to come up to materials to speed composting.
- Made from 100% recycled PP, 2.1 mm thick walls.
- Size: 27 x 27 x 40 H
Here is an option for anyone who wants to do some composting in larger quantities. The Exaco 628001 Eco Basic Compost Bin has an impressive 120-gallon capacity that goes beyond most other compost bins that you can find online.
Along with being relatively large, the Exaco 628001 Eco Basic Compost Bin is also very easy to assemble and use. All you will need to do is snap the sidewalls into place, and your compost bin is just about ready to use. You’ll also find that this stationary composter comes with multiple doors for easy access to the interior compartments. The bottom opening lets microorganisms inside speed up the composting process.
8. BelleMark Kitchen Compost Bin
- 🌱 No Pests or Odors - The Smell-Proof, Rust-Proof 1.6-gallon food grade stainless steel scrap bin features a secure lid that blocks smell, while also ensuring flies, insects, and other pests cant get into your compostable waste.
- 🌱 Discreet Attractive Design: Indoor kitchen compost container with lid has a rustic, elegant look that fits in and makes a perfect accent piece for any kitchen counter. Its a discreet alternative to large pails and ugly trash cans!
- 🌱 Premium Craftsmanship - Made with sustainable Acacia wood and food-grade stainless steel, this kitchen composter will not rust or rot! Use it as a convenient storage bin for organic waste.
- 🌱 Easy to Clean - Because our compost pail is dishwasher safe, cleaning it is simple. Just slide the bin out of its wooden box, then place in your machine or wash under running water.
- 🌱 Satisfaction Assured - We want nothing less than total buyer satisfaction. If youre not happy with this acacia and stainless steel kitchen compost container, just contact us for a full refund or replacement.
The BelleMark Kitchen Compost Bin is a fantastic option for anyone who wants a small-scale bin in their kitchen area. One of the main complaints about such bins is that they can cause some unwanted smells in your home. But with this model, pungent scents won’t be an issue. That is because the BelleMark Kitchen Compost Bin incorporates a stainless steel material that resists rust and is smell-proof.
This kitchen compost bin is also attractive and easy to clean. Unlike other kitchen bins, BelleMark Kitchen Compost Bin has a wood grain finish and removable pieces that make cleanliness a non-issue.
Common Compost Bin Styles
As you may have noticed from our list, there are a few types of composting bins that are more common than others. Each one comes with its own benefits and uses. In general, you can expect to find these four compost bin varieties as you shop:
- Compost Tumblers: These bins typically incorporate a frame and a barrel in which the composting takes place. That barrel is often attached to some form of an axle that allows it to spin. That spinning motion mimics the digging that you would need to do with a standard compost pile.
- Stationary Composters: Stationary composters are simple devices that typically sit in an outdoor setting. These bins are somewhat simplistic as they simply rest on the ground and house your compost inside.
- Worm Composters: Worm composters are a unique variety of compost bins. These bins allow worms to live inside. Those worms work to help break down the compost inside the bin.
- Counter-Top Compost Bin: This is the smallest version of a compost bin, which usually sits on your kitchen counter. Counter-top compost bins are on the smaller side, meaning you will need to empty them into a larger compost pile periodically.
You may manage to find some other types of compost bins. But those ones above are the most popular. As you can see, each one has a distinct application. Selecting the right one for you will depend on how much you wish to compost and your preferred method for doing so.
Compost Bin FAQs
While composting is growing in popularity, there are many people who have never given it a try. To help those who are a bit unfamiliar with compost bins, here are some answers to a few of the most common questions that gardeners have on the topic.
The length of the composting process will vary depending on how much you intend to make. However, it will usually take about six to eight weeks for you to have some usable compost for your garden.
The signs that compost is done are primarily visual. The compost should appear dark brown or nearly black. There should also be no visible pieces of the food and yard scraps that you added to the pile originally. Ready-to-use compost also has an earthy smell and will crumble in your hands.
Generally, you should turn your compost about every four weeks. This will allow heat to build up properly. At times, you can try turning your compost more frequently to speed up the process.
You May Also Be Interested In…
How to Make Organic Living Soil [Gardening 101]
Mushroom Grow Kits: Reviews and Buying Guide
John Haryasz is a freelance writer and landscape designer. In the field of landscape architecture, he has contributed to many successful design projects throughout the country. As a writer, John specializes in creating captivating and informative web content. Through that work, he aims to share his design knowledge and promote engagement with the outdoor world.