Fiddle leaf fig trees and shrubs are some of the most popular plants to have in your home. They are known for their beautiful leaves and can add a touch of elegance to any room. They’re also easy to care for houseplants and can brighten up any indoor space.
But, like all plants, they need the right environment to thrive. That’s where planters come in! The best planters for fiddle leaf figs are ones that are well-drained, made of a material that won’t absorb too much moisture, and have plenty of room for roots to grow.
In this article, we’ll be discussing the best planters for Fiddle Leaf Fig trees and what to look for when choosing one. So, whether you’re looking for a stylish planter to show off your fiddle leaf fig indoors, or a durable option for growing your fig outdoors, we’ve got you covered. Let’s get started!
- 1. Choose the Right Size
- 2. Good Drainage System
- 3. Material Is Important
- 4. Think About Aesthetics
- 1. Gold Plant Stand
- 2. The Modernica Planter
- 3. The Cylinder Planter
- 4. The Terra Cotta Planter
- 5. The Self-Watering Planter
- 6. Barcelona Vinyl Planter Box
- 7. The H Potter Planter
- 1. Make Drainage Holes
- 2. Add Potting Mix
- 3. Take Care of Surfaces and Floors
- 4. It's Time to Plant
What to Look for in a Planter for a Fiddle Leaf Fig
When it comes to finding the perfect fiddle leaf fig planter, there are a few things you must keep in mind.
1. Choose the Right Size
First and foremost, you’ll want to make sure that the planter is the right size for your plant. You’ll want to ensure the planter is big enough to accommodate the roots of your fiddle leaf fig but not so big that it looks out of proportion.
A too-small planter will result in your plant becoming rootbound, while a too-large planter can make your plant look sparse and unkempt. Choose a pot that is at least 12 inches in diameter.
Recommended Containers for Fiddle Leaf Fig Plant
|VIVOSUN 5-Pack 10 Gallon Plant Grow Bags, Heavy Duty Thickened Nonwoven Fabric Pots with Handles||MelhorElegível||Verifique meu preço na Amazon|
|Principal||Sacos de cultivo de tecido Wraxly – vasos coloridos de dois tons de 7 galões. Melhor presente de jardinagem para amantes de plantas! [Pacote com 5 cores sortidas - além de bolsa bônus preta!]||MelhorElegível||Verifique meu preço na Amazon|
|T4U Fabric Plant Grow Bags with Handles 10 Gallon Pack of 5, Heavy Duty Nonwoven Smart Garden Pot Thickened Aeration Nursery Container Black for Outdoor Potato, Tomato, Chili, Carrot and Vegetables||MelhorElegível||Verifique meu preço na Amazon|
|Decorlife 12-Pack Grow Bags, 7 Gallon Thick Fabric Pots for Plants, Sturdy Handles & Reinforced Stitching, Labels Included, Black||MelhorElegível||Verifique meu preço na Amazon|
|AIXI Home 5 Pack 10 Gallon Square Grow Bags, Thick Nonwoven Fabric Plant Pots with Green Handles, Heavy Duty Plant Grow Bags for Gardening||MelhorElegível||Verifique meu preço na Amazon|
|Growpropel 10 US Gallon 6 Pack Tall Grow Bags for Vegetables, Heavy Duty Nonwoven Aeration Fabric Deep Grow Pots with Handles||MelhorElegível||Verifique meu preço na Amazon|
2. Good Drainage System
Second, you’ll want to choose the best drainage pot for fiddle leaf fig. The planter should have drainage holes to allow excess water to escape. This is important as fiddle leaf figs are sensitive to overwatering and are susceptible to root decay.
3. Material Is Important
Think about the material the planter is made from; fiddle leaf figs prefer a breathable material like sacos de cultivo de tecido, ceramic or terracotta. Clay pots are also a good option, but make sure to find one that is unglazed. Plastic pots can also work but be sure to get one that is labeled as “breathable.”
4. Think About Aesthetics
You’ll want to pick a planter that complements the aesthetic of your home. Choose a planter that is both stylish and functional. You can go for a classic look with a traditional pot or opt for something more modern, like a hanging planter. Whatever you choose, make sure it fits with your personal style.
After all, you’ll want to showcase your beautiful fiddle leaf fig, so it’s worth investing in a planter that will make it look its best.
In-Depth Reviews of the Best Planters for Fiddle Leaf Fig
It may take some searching to choose the ideal pot for your fiddle to grow your most-desired fig tree. You’ll find beautiful, low-cost planters in retailers like Home Goods or Ross. There are also some great selections in plant nurseries.
However, if you’re one of those people who like to shop online (like us!), here are some of our favorite pots from Amazon:
1. Gold Plant Stand
This is a set of three sleek and stylish plant stands. It’s perfect for displaying your fiddle leaf fig indoors, especially when they’re kept together because of their different heights. You can also display your other houseplants that you feel deserve to be noticed besides fiddle leaf fig.
They’re available in white and black, and both colors have a modern, minimalist appearance. The supports – which fold away easily, and also the pots are both constructed of metal. This means that you don’t need to do much assembly with these.
The Gold Plant Stand is also tall enough to allow your fiddle leaf fig to grow without being cramped. And it comes with drainage holes, so you never have to worry about overwatering.
What We Like
- No assembly needed
- Sturdy and affordable
- Different sizes
- Elegant design
- Lifetime warranty
What Could be Better
- It May be difficult to move once plants are in place
In our opinion, this is one of the best planters you’ll find in the market, online or offline. This will boldly stand in your space and let everyone notice! The additional height that these stands provide simply reinforces that impression.
- 【COMPLETE SET & NO ASSEMBLE】 The 3 pcs standing planters are coming with metal plant stands. No assemble needed. Just open the stand and put the black metal planters on it.
- 【SUITABLE SIZE PLANTER SET WITH STANDS】3 pices modern plant pots are in different sizes, suitable for plants in different sizes. Both large plants and small pants will have their containers with thess house floor standing planters with stands.
- 【Modern Minimalist Style Design】Elegant house floor planter stand reflects minimalist which inspired by classic mid-century style. Well fits to most home decor and furniture, can be paired with a variety of plants and flowers on vases. Mid-century design adds a touch of class to any room, balcony, window, patio or garden.
- 【MATERIAL】Metal with powder coated, as a floor protectors, the bottom of the legs are made into balls. The lightweight metal construction and sturdy build make them easy to move around. Use them in a bathroom, a bedroom or a covered porch or patio for a beautiful display
- 【LIFETIME WARRANTY】 Sinolodo supply 45-days return warranty for this modern plant hangers. 24 HOURS PROBLEM SOLVE: if you met any problems ,our customer service will answer you within 24 hours and help you solve the problem until you are satisfied. Sinolodo can not guarantee 0% defective rate, but Sinolodo guarantee 100% satisfacti
2. The Modernica Planter
This classic mid-century modern planter is perfect for any fiddle leaf fig lover. It’s made from high-quality ceramic and comes with a tall wood stand.
The Modernica Planter comes in a variety of colors and sizes, so you can choose the perfect option for your space. We like the one with the Charcoal color. And it’s tall enough to accommodate a fiddle leaf fig that is up to three feet tall.
What We Like
- Sturdy stand
- The pot is nice and heavy
- Looks beautiful
- Perfect height
What Could be Better
- Does not have a drain hole
Though this planter doesn’t come with a drain hole, you can fill the potter with a couple of inches of river rock/pebbles before you add soil to help with the drainage. If you can bear with this issue, then this planter is a no-brainer for your fiddle leaf fig.
- A COMPLETE SET - This Mid Century Planter bundle comes with a 10 inch plant pot and stand that match perfectly together and looks great in any home. Its a timeless piece thatll never go out of style and will be sure to impress your guests!
- BRING NATURE IN - Showcase your stunning plants with our large planter with stand and enjoy natures beauty as they grow. Youll love the way our indoor planter adds color and life to your floor and space. Available sizes: 10 inch planter or 12 inch
- HANDCRAFTED CERAMIC PLANTER - Our premium ceramic pots for indoor plants are made from durable stoneware clay that lasts a lifetime. Also includes a drainage hole with plug to keep your plants healthy! Black planter pot size: H: 10, W: 10.5
- WOOD PLANT STAND - Made from American Walnut, our mid century modern plant stand is easy to use and sturdy enough for small or large plants. Since theyre not painted or stained, you can enjoy a natural look and will pair beautifully with any decor.
- HAPPINESS GUARANTEE - Omysa is a family business and we take pride in our large indoor plant stand and pots for plants and want you to be completely satisfied. You can buy with confidence knowing that we stand behind our products 10
3. The Cylinder Planter
This simple and modern cylinder planter is perfect for a fiddle leaf fig. It’s made from high-quality stoneware and features two drainage holes and a saucer. It also comes with rubber inserts if you don’t want to utilize the drainage holes.
The Cylinder Planter comes in pure White color and round shape. And it’s tall enough to accommodate a fiddle leaf fig that is up to two feet tall.
What We Like
- Elegant pure white finish
- Smooth lines and round shape
- Eco-friendly manufacturing process
- Strong UV resistant ability
- Ideal size for outdoor use
What Could be Better
- It can tip over when it becomes heavy
We won’t suggest this planter for indoor use. Its 15.8-inch diameter is perfect for an outdoor garden and will sit perfectly in the corner without troubling others.
- MODERN CONCRETE CYLINDER PLANTER: This modern cylinder planter with an elegant pure white finish will add an elegant touch to your décor, and it is ideal to grow your favorite succulent plants
- SMOOTH ROUND DESIGN: The smooth lines and round shape of this planter will help you maintain a sleek look throughout your space, while holding a good amount of plants without looking crowded
- ECO-FRIENDLY: This planter is handmade through an Eco-friendly manufacturing process, has a drainage hole with rubber plug and a strong UV resistant ability that stays well in wind, rain, hot and cold season
- STRONG AND DURABLE: Made of lightweight concrete and weather-resistant fiberglass that have all the advantages of these materials, such as strength, durability, weather and damage resistance, and long-lasting color
- IDEAL SIZE FOR OUTDOOR USE: Planter measures 15.8W x 15.8L x 15.8H and it makes a great addition to any apartment balcony or large backyard patio by standing out with its unique l
4. The Terra Cotta Planter
Although it is probably not the most cutting-edge choice, traditional terracotta planters have maintained their popularity throughout time. Simply said, they are made of high-quality material that is almost hard to damage and looks excellent in any space.
Given that terracotta has a tendency to soak up more moisture compared to other materials, you should carefully monitor your succulent to make sure it isn’t dying. This is why buying a terracotta planter for your fiddle leaf fig may be a more preferable alternative if you don’t want to put in the extra work.
What We Like
- Generous planting area
- Sturdy and lightweight
- Durable and UV-stabilized
- Resists scratches, dirt, and fingerprints
- Available in two sizes
What Could be Better
- Small size
Of course, using a real terracotta planter wouldn’t be a terrible idea for your fiddle leaf fig tree. Personally, we think this contemporary terracotta planter is fantastic since the design truly livens things up.
- DECORATIVE DESIGN: This indoor and outdoor flowerpot and planter features a traditional, classic rolled rim. Our flower pots are nice and big with a generous planting area.
- DURABLE MATERIALS: Our sturdy yet lightweight planter is made of 100% UV-stabilized plastic. This durable, premium-quality material ensures long-lasting color and withstands extreme weather conditions. It also features a matte finish that resists scratches, dirt, and fingerprints.
- Large and Practicality: The resin pots for plants, 11 inches in height, 12 inches in outer diameter, are designed for holding indoor or outdoor plant and succulent, cactus, herbs and trees. There are 2 pcs pots in the package, plants and soil are not included.
- Multi-usages: The terracotta resin pots are perfect for medium and large plant, ornament for room or balcony, patio and garden decoration, crafts creation and more. Suitable for indoor or outdoor usage.
- 100% SATISFACTION - WORTH GARDEN offers an UNBEATABLE consumer-friendly 3-year GUARANTEE on all our Gardening products. Call or email anytime for support. Our team is here to he
5. The Self-Watering Planter
This self-watering planter from ePlanters is the ideal complement to your backyard garden and an excellent container for fiddle leaf figs. This planter includes a self-watering system that has won several awards and is built entirely of recyclable materials.
The self-watering system provides just the right quantity of moisture for the roots of your fiddle leaf fig. Additionally, this planter is available in a variety of sizes to fit plants of all sizes. And it’s also tall enough to accommodate a fiddle leaf fig that is up to four feet tall.
What We Like
- Durable and UV resistant
- Self-watering system
- Included Drainage plugs remove excess rainwater
- Water-level indicator alerts you when you need to refill the reservoir
What Could be Better
- It can be deemed small for some people
This modern planter for fiddle leaf fig is perfect for tables and patios both indoors and outdoors. If you were looking for a low-maintenance fiddle leaf fig pot, this is just the one for you.
- CLASSICO Color is perfect for table and patio plants, indoors and out
- Made in Germany of durable frost and UV resistant PP plastic for indoor or outdoor use
- Self-Watering System features inorganic granulate compounds that provide the right amount of water to plant roots
- Drainage plug to allows for the removal of excess rainwater when installed outdoors
- A water-level indicator lets you know when it is time to refill the reservoir. Planter liner dimension is 13.2 inch diameter. Item dimensions is 13.6 width x 12.8 height inch in diameter
- Planter dimensions: 14 x 14 x
6. Barcelona Vinyl Planter Box
This classic-style vinyl planter box is one of the best planters for fiddle leaf fig trees. It comes with White color out of the box, but it’s paintable, so you paint in whatever color you want to match your aesthetic.
It’s easy to assemble and is very sturdy and attractive. It’s also maintenance-free, which is a huge plus. The planter bos is ideal for growing decorative plants (like fiddle leaf figs) or flowers and herbs.
What We Like
- Easy to put together
- Feito nos Estados Unidos
- Sturdy and well-made
- Has pre-cut holes
- Large size
What Could be Better
- Price is relatively expensive
We would recommend this product to anyone looking for a nice planter box. It comes with a 20-year warranty, so you know it’s a quality product.
- 27 x 21 inch Planter Box
- Easy to Assemble
- Sturdy and Attractive
- Maintenance Free
- 20 Year Warra
7. The H Potter Planter
O H Potter rectangular succulent planter is a beautiful and minimalist way to add greenery to your home décor, whether indoors or out. The planter is handcrafted from stainless steel with an antique copper finish, giving it a high-quality look.
The rectangular drainage tray included with the planter makes it easy to water your plants without making a mess. The H Potter rectangular succulent planter is a perfect size to fit any location and can be moved easily.
What We Like
- Beautiful antique copper finish
- Durable and easy to update
- Perfect size to fit any location
- Comes with a drainage tray
What Could be Better
- Measurements may vary as it’s homemade
This one is perfect for you if you like the most old-style looking planter with the best features and drainage system. It’ll match your rustic style and hold your fiddle leaf fig for years to come!
- HANDCRAFTED – HOME DÉCOR ACCENT – Small, stainless steel rectangular succulent planter box with an antique copper finish for luxurious appeal. This indoor planter box is current with a timeless feel. Use indoors as an herb succulent planter on a windowsill to connect with the outdoors or place outdoors on your patio, deck, or tabletop. Complete with custom rectangular drainage tray, this home décor accent is designed to add character to your living space. No plants included.
- PLANTER FOR ALL SEASONS – At widest points the succulent pot is approximately 12L x 4W x 4H, Base of planter approximately 10L x 3.5 Planter garden box will make an eye-catching focal point and impressive statement wherever it’s placed. Sold as a single succulent planter, beautiful displayed as centerpieces or multiples lining your dining table. Unique and sturdy, if you’re looking for something memorable, this beautiful window box planter would make a perfect wedding decoration or birthday
- QUALITY BY H POTTER – H Potter has been designing and manufacturing premium quality garden products for over 20 years. We do not pretend to be the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. Packaged well, with stunning craftsmanship and backed by great customer service, we’re proud to say our garden products are built to last.
- HEAVY AND DURABLE CONSTRUCTION – Built to last, use with any seasonal décor. Stunning filled with herb pots or flower pots and covered with sheet moss or plant directly inside the metal planter. Easy to update and freshen your holiday decor. Try a color theme this season and a texture theme next month. Simple enough to blend with any home décor. Trending now, the rich black nickel finish adds earthy warmth to your traditional or modern home.
- INTRICATE DETAILING – MINIMALIST STYLE – Succulent Plants not only promote a healthy home environment but can offer a touch of elegant beauty to your home and garden. Uniquely designed with a heavy, durable construction, the H Potter rectangular succulent planter is perfect for alfresco dining and outdoor living. Tranquility of greenery is an ideal mood setter and stress reliever, this gardening planter is the perfect size to fit any location and can be moved easi
What to Do After Buying the Fiddle Leaf Fig Pot?
When choosing an indoor planter for a fiddle leaf fig, make sure to pick one that is the right size for your plant. A pot that is too small will limit root growth and could lead to problems like yellow leaves or stunted growth. A pot that is too big, on the other hand, will make it difficult to keep the soil moist and hence lead to root rot.
1. Make Drainage Holes
Once you’ve found the perfect pot, it’s time to add some drainage holes. Fiddle leaf figs are sensitive to overwatering, so good drainage is essential. Even if you didn’t buy the best drainage pot for fiddle leaf fig, don’t worry. You can drill some drainage holes yourself or line the bottom with rocks or gravel.
2. Add Potting Mix
Now it’s time to fill your pot with potting mix. Fiddle leaf figs prefer slightly acidic soil, so look for a mix that is formulated for acid-loving plants. If you can’t find one, you can make your own by mixing together equal parts envasamento solo, peat moss, and perlite.
3. Take Care of Surfaces and Floors
No matter which planter you choose, be sure to put self-adhesive felt pads on the bottom of the container to safeguard your floors and surfaces. This keeps your surfaces from becoming scratched and permits some ventilation underneath your plant.
Recommended Pot Feet
4. It’s Time to Plant
Once your pot is filled with potting mix and you’ve protected your floor surface, it’s time to plant your fiddle leaf fig. Gently remove the plant from its current pot and loosen the roots before placing it in the new pot. Fill in around the roots with potting mix and water well.
Now your fiddle leaf fig is ready to enjoy its new home! Place it in a bright spot out of direct sunlight and water when the top inch of the soil feels dry. With a little love and care, your fiddle leaf fig will thrive for years to come.
With this list of the best planters for fiddle leaf fig and the analysis provided above, along with our unbiased opinion, you shouldn’t have trouble finding the best fiddle leaf fig pot that meets your needs.
If you want to know our favorite, this Lechuza Classico Premium Planter is the one. It includes an award-winning self-watering system created by German engineers, preventing root rot, which is why we like it the most.
It also maintains the perfect hydration for your fiddle leaf fig and comes in several sizes, allowing you to scale up and get the same high-quality product if you ever need to re-pot a growing fiddle leaf fig!
Vasos de terracota são uma boa opção para figos de folha de rabeca, pois são porosos e permitem que as raízes respirem. No entanto, eles podem ser propensos a secar, por isso certifique-se de regá-los regularmente.
Não há um prazo definido para reenvasar uma figueira de folha de violino, mas geralmente é recomendável fazê-lo a cada um ou dois anos, pois eles crescem rapidamente.
Os figos de folha de violino não gostam de vasos pequenos. Eles preferem estar em uma panela com pelo menos 12 polegadas de largura e profundidade para que possam espalhar suas raízes. Se você colocá-los em um vaso muito pequeno, eles ficarão presos à raiz e não poderão crescer.
Você pode plantar dois figos de folha de violino juntos, mas eles precisarão estar em uma panela grande com bastante espaço para crescer. Além disso, não é recomendado. Isso porque as raízes das duas plantas podem ficar emaranhadas, o que pode trazer problemas para ambas as plantas.
Além disso, as folhas das duas plantas podem se tocar e se esfregar, o que pode danificar as folhas.
One drainage hole is enough for fiddle leaf fig, but it’s recommended to make at least 2 or 3 holes before potting. The plant needs good drainage to avoid root rot, so it is best to have multiple drainage holes in the pot.
Darrell tem uma paixão pela jardinagem que herdou de seu pai. Ir aqui para ler mais sobre a influência que seu pai teve em seu amor pela jardinagem. Se você quiser enviar uma mensagem rápida para Darrell, visite a página de contato dele aqui.